Friday, December 17, 2010

Big thanks to everyone who made the pub quiz - gig extravaganza a success!!

Thanks so much to everyone who turned up, and everyone who pitched in to make it a success. The night made $850 - which is about 6 bikes to Africa! If anyone needs any advice on how to organise a pub quiz I now know how to do it.

Check out more photos from the night!

Big thanks to:
  • The inspirational Marjolein and Ashley from revolve training for their big donation and huge positivity.
  • To my sister for her donation both of cash and of help at the quiz.
  • To Glenn, fellow bike fanatic, programmer of awesomeness, bike polo crazy and fixie hipster for getting in there first with the cash.
  • To all my workmates at NZTE for turning out in force at the fundraiser, and for getting me bike related leaving gifts. In particular Pete for the prize donation and CHRIS! for recognising a need and doing the maths on the results.
  • My parental unit for the artistic quiz prizes.
  • The ever-amazing Alisa for her quiz master genius!
  • CommonSense Organics for their donation of a quiz prize.
  • Christine the events manager from Estadio for her help and for the free hire of the venue and donation of quiz prizes. Estadio make the best coffee, empanadas and cocktails out.
  • J P Young and the Sunshine Suite for playing great sets and the lovely Pauline for being band taxi.
  • The Capital Breakfast Toastmasters for letting me break all the rules and practise my public speaking for the event off-manual and for free.  Not to mention letting me drink their coffee, eat their mince pies, and enjoy their champagne Christmas breakfast. You guys rock.  I will be back.
Congratulations to the winning quiz team 'Jake and the Fat man' and to Louise the winner of my old Raleigh Chopper!

No comments:

Post a Comment