Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas in Cairo

It's Christmas in Egypt today. I can't explain that.

I'm listening to the best of Cindy Lauper. As well as paying a hotel level per rate fee to get on the internet there was also a certain level of tech support I had to provide. All signs point to me being at the very beginning of a Kafka-esk mission to get my Sudanese visa.

I might see if I can find an Egyptian santa as a part of my day's activities.

Ooo! and here's a piccy of Captain's first Egyptian outing, note the sand; will be seeing a bit more of that in the upcoming months.

Yeah - I know I've got a strange tire combination going on at the mo.  I'm going for that hybrid motley look.

1 comment:

  1. Coptic (orthodox) christians celebrate Christmas at the beginning of January. Easter is also a couple of weeks after other Christian festivals.
    Other than that, I think the celebrations are pretty similar to what you're used to.

    ReplyDelete